tisdag 21 april 2015
Charge 69 släpper nytt / slår på stort!
Twenty two years after their inception, CHARGE 69, the revered French punk rock band are set to release a fabulous and fascinating new ‘Best Of’ record, featuring 10 punk luminaries singing the band’s own songs, not in French, as per the originals, but in English. This really is a ‘Best Of’ collection with a difference, fully deserving of its title: ‘Much More Than Music’. The project will be completed in two phases, with volume two planned for later this year. Volume one features the vocal talents of the following: TV SMITH (The Adverts) / MATT DANGERFIELD (The Boys) / BEKI BONDAGE (Vice Squad) / COLIN (GBH) / GREG (Outcasts) / CAMPINO (Die Toten Hosen) / CHARLIE HARPER (U.K. Subs) / MICKY FITZ (The Business) / ROGER MIRET (Agnostic Front) / ARTURO BASSICK (The Lurkers / 999)
Collaborating with the musicians that influenced CHARGE so much over the years, has resulted an album beyond their wildest dreams. Caps, founding member and bass player Hearing our songs sung in English by these guys has been a revelation for us, it’s like someone gave us the keys to the candy shop, Much More Than Music, the dream come true – and a concept never done before – Jon CAFFERY was personally chosen by the band to produce and mix the whole album, which was recorded over various dates in 2014, and he has done an amazing job.
MUCH MORE THAN MUSIC – Part 1 TRACK LISTING:
1. PHONEY PARADISE - with TV SMITH (The Adverts)
2. THESE CHAINS - with MATT DANGERFIELD (The Boys)
3. ROCK STAR ATTITUDE - with BEKI BONDAGE (Vice Squad)
4. THE 80'S - with COLIN (GBH)
5. JOHNNY GOOD BOY - with GREG (Outcasts)
6. UNIFORM - with CAMPINO (Die Toten Hosen)
7. BIRTH OF A CENTURY – 21st CENTURY ROCKERS - with CHARLIE HARPER (U.K. Subs)
8. AUTHORITY - with MICKY FITZ (The Business)
9. TIME TO COMMUNICATE - with ROGER MIRET (Agnostic Front)
10. BETTER TIMES - with ARTURO BASSICK (The Lurkers / 999)
CHARGE 69 BRIEF BACKGROUND BIOGRAPHY: Formed in 1993, Charge 69 have released 5 studio albums, numerous singles, and had tracks appear on various compilation albums, having also toured all over Europe and Canada.